Did you know that you can send your QuickBooks file to your accountant and still work in the file? The Accountant’s Copy allows the accountant to make changes to your file, allows you to continue working and entering transactions, and imports the changes made by the accountant. Here’s how:
- Choose File > Accountant’s Copy > Save File.
- Confirm you want to create an Accountant’s Copy and click Next.
- Choose a dividing date. This date is important. It only allows the accountant to make changes to transactions through this date. Typically, we would recommend a dividing date of the first of a month. This allows for entries to be reversed in the following month, if necessary.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) Change the suggested location for the file and the filename that QuickBooks suggests for the accountant’s copy. The file must have a .qbx extension. For example, if the Accountant’s Copy will be provided to the accountant on a thumb drive, then the file should be saved to the thumb drive.
- Click Save.
- Give the Accountant’s Copy transfer file (.qbx) to your accountant and continue to work!
For any additional questions, visit our website and contact any one of our QuickBooks ProAdvisors!