Student Accounting Services Opportunities
INTERN – APPLY ONLINE
KTLLP is currently accepting applications for our 2019 internships. The Accounting Services Internship will start in January 2019 and run for 8 weeks.
What to expect as an Intern:
- Work with a local small business to provide payroll services including submission of payroll taxes.
- Prepare the bank reconciliation for a large hospitality company daily.
- Work with a tax manager to close out the year-end financial statement for a business so the tax department can complete their tax return.
- Assist a large medical client with the preparation and distribution of their W2s (January only).
- Perform the accounts payable process and prepare sales tax forms for a local restaurant.
- Increase your knowledge in accounting practices by attending a firm sponsored training class
- Volunteer your time at Summer Nights, a local Ketel Thorstenson, LLP sponsored event
What we look for in an Intern:
- Pursuing an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and maintained a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Develop a depth of knowledge in processes and procedures within their department
- Able to synthesize and analyze data, provide accurate work, and express ideas clearly and concisely, both in verbal and written communication
- Be aware of the importance of effective relationships between the client and the firm
- Be professional in all dealings with coworkers, partners, and clients
- Plan, organize, and work efficiently
- Develop an understanding of the firm’s people, services, industries, and clients
- Actively seek on the job learning to understand their role and responsibilities
- Seek regular feedback on performance
- Effectively balances work, community, family, and personal commitments
- Work co-operatively with colleagues to provide quality service to clients
ASSOCIATE/BOOKKEEPER – APPLY ONLINE
KTLLP is looking for dedicated, positive, knowledgeable associates to join their accounting services department. Positions are available in Rapid City or Custer, SD.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide assistance to clients compiling financial and compliance reports for internal and external users.
- Process month-end preparation, balancing, and journal entries, completing the month-end process.
- Maintain general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions. Responsible for closing of the general ledger.
- Process client’s accounts receivable including invoicing; accounts payables including generating checks.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts, sales & use tax reports for appropriate states, and payroll checks, payroll records & reports.
To be successful in this position, candidates must possess:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or two years full-charge bookkeeping experience or a combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of computer software including: Excel, Word, QuickBooks, Peachtree, Mas90, CSA, and/or ACS
- A high level of 10-key calculator skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team