Student Accounting Services Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in internship with Ketel Thorstenson, LLP. At this time all of our 2018 internships have been filled. Please check back in the fall of 2018 for our 2019 internship opportunities.
ASSOCIATE/BOOKKEEPER – APPLY ONLINE
KTLLP is looking for dedicated, positive, knowledgeable associates to join their accounting services department. Positions are available in Rapid City or Custer, SD.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide assistance to clients compiling financial and compliance reports for internal and external users.
- Process month-end preparation, balancing, and journal entries, completing the month-end process.
- Maintain general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions. Responsible for closing of the general ledger.
- Process client’s accounts receivable including invoicing; accounts payables including generating checks.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts, sales & use tax reports for appropriate states, and payroll checks, payroll records & reports.
To be successful in this position, candidates must possess:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or two years full-charge bookkeeping experience or a combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of computer software including: Excel, Word, QuickBooks, Peachtree, Mas90, CSA, and/or ACS
- A high level of 10-key calculator skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team