Student Tax Opportunities
INTERN – APPLY ONLINE
KTLLP is currently accepting applications for our 2019 internships. The Tax Internship will start in January or February of 2019 and run for 8 weeks.
What to expect as an Intern:
- Prepare a tax return for an individual client who has recently purchased a house
- Work with a tax manager on a ranching client’s return
- Assist a tax partner with a project for a corporate client
- Increase your knowledge in accounting practices by attending a firm sponsored training class
- Volunteer your time at Summer Nights, a local Ketel Thorstenson, LLP sponsored event
What we expect from an Intern:
- Complete intermediate accounting in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, maintained a minimum of a 3.0 GPA, and has a plan to obtain the CPA certification
- Able to synthesize and analyze data, provide accurate work, and express ideas clearly and concisely, both in verbal and written communication
- Aware of the importance of effective relationships between the client and the firm
- Be professional in all dealings with coworkers, partners, and clients
- Plan, organize, and work efficiently
- Develops an understanding of the firm’s people, services, industries, and clients
- Actively seek on the job learning to understand their role, responsibilities, and gain knowledge of department processes and procedures
- Seeks regular feedback on performance
- Effectively balances work, community, family, and personal commitments
- Works co-operatively with colleagues to provide quality service to clients
ASSOCIATE/SEASONAL ASSOCIATE* – APPLY ONLINE
KTLLP is looking for dedicated, positive, knowledgeable associates to join their tax department. Unless otherwise indicated, all positions are located in Rapid City, SD.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Prepare individual, partnership, corporate and other various tax returns.
- Assist clients with routine tax and accounting inquiries.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with clients and co-workers.
To be successful in this position, candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or a plan to attain it (seasonal applicants must have CPA)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
*Seasonal positions are available during tax season.